Design Health Program Application
Applications for Fellows and Associates have closed for Spring 2021 start. Applications for the 2021-2022 will open as it gets closer to Fall 2021.
There are two potential roles for Design Health team members:
- Design Health Fellows begin the program in Fall 2020 with a course in clinical immersion where they find and validate clinical needs. They are joined with the Design Health Associates in the spring to create solutions and prototypes. In the following Fall (2021), they may return to develop a business/implementation plan for their product. Fellows are asked to commit to a project for at least two semesters and put in additional time and effort to manage team activities.
- Design Health Associates join the program in Spring 2021 or Fall 2021 (one semester commitment required) and actively participate as innovators and team members, bringing their specific expertise and skills to the team and project execution.
How to apply
The program is seeking applicants from:
- School of Medicine (residents, fellows, and third-year medical students)
- School of Nursing (all programs)
- Pratt School of Engineering (graduate students)
- Trinity School (graduate students)
- Law School
- Fuqua School of Business (2nd year MBA students)
Exceptional Juniors and Seniors with design or product development experience may also be considered. PhD students and medical trainees will require the permission of their department to participate.
All prospective participants should be willing to commit five to ten hours each week. Participants will receive coaching from experts in medicine, innovation product development processes, entrepreneurship and engineering both internal and external to Duke. Individuals should not enter the program with a specific need or solution in mind; they must be willing to explore several opportunities through a structured discovery process.
Applications for the 2021-2022 will open as it gets closer to Fall 2021.
Send an email anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org